The latest buzz surrounding breast augmentation surgery is using a patient’s own fat, commonly known as “breast augmentation with fat transfer.” Find out if au naturel is the way to go if you’re seeking an alternative, more natural approach to breast enhancement. Get “they’re real” for real!
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, natural breast augmentation using “fat transfer” is a cutting-edge, cosmetic enhancing technique that uses liposuction to remove fat from one or more areas of the body and transferring said fat to the breasts for a fuller, more aesthetically appealing appearance. Women who want to give their bustline a bit of a boost and who would prefer subtle, more natural-looking results are the best candidates for breast augmentation with fat transfer. Though the surgery touts a fairly successful fat retention rate of 50-70% when performed strategically, there is always the possibility of the body re-absorbing the fat, resulting in diminished volume and requiring revision for those sought-after enhancement effects. However, since the patient’s own tissue is being used, the risk of an allergic/adverse reaction is next to nothing.
Achieving Natural Beauty Using Your Own Fat
Dr. Jaime Schwartz uses an innovative, multiple-step approach to yield the most natural-looking breast enhancement using a patient’s very own body fat. Here’s how it’s done:
- Fat is surgically removed through power-assisted liposuction using the SAFE technique. The SAFE system is proven to be exponentially gentler while preserving a higher number of fat cells during the “loosening” process. This will make a considerable impact when it comes time to transfer the fat to the breasts. Fat is usually taken from the abdomen, backs of thighs, hips, or back.
- The extracted fat is then placed into a “closed-loop” system where it is purposefully sterilized using antibiotic therapies before being re-injected into the breast site. The “closed-loop” system ensures no possibility of infection, as well as a higher transfer success rate. The goal is to make sure no extracted fat goes to waste. The area where the fat was removed is sculpted and contoured for a seamless aesthetic.
- Once the fat is re-injected into the breast site, Dr. Schwartz then molds and forms the fat to produce a smooth, contoured result. No bumps! No bubbles!
The Benefits of Breast Augmentation with Fat Transfer
Going au naturel certainly has its benefits, such as:
- natural-looking fullness and subtle enhancement
- softer feel
- a virtual zero chance of contracting an infection
- eliminates the risk of developing Breast Implant Illness overtime
Not only is breast augmentation with fat transfer a decisive choice made by women who seek a more natural alternative to traditional implants, but the popular bust-boosting procedure is also effective when used in combination with traditional breast implant surgery or breast reconstruction surgery. Breast augmentation surgery with fat transfer is often part of a specific, customized breast enhancement plan to effectively yield the most desirable results, especially during revision breast augmentation surgery. Smoothing out unsightly, rough contours left by traditional, synthetic implants, as well as addressing asymmetries and other aesthetic disparities, are common benefits of undergoing breast augmentation surgery with fat transfer.
Cutting Through the Fat
While there is always the probability of the body re-absorbing the transferred fat, patients who’ve undergone this natural alternative to breast augmentation have enjoyed an impressive 50-70% fat retention rate six months post-op, on average. As fat is susceptible to loss, irrespective of where it is located on the body, the patient must maintain a stable weight to avoid a diminishment in their breast volume. The newly enhanced breast volume is contingent on not only the vitality of the transferred fat, but how much tissue is retained six months following surgery. It’s those first six months that are so crucial to the stay-put power of the transferred fat. If a patient experiences between a 50 and 70% retention rate within six months of their surgery, their breast volume should remain permanent.
If you think you may be a potential candidate for breast augmentation surgery with fat transfer or wish to learn more about the revolutionary, breast-enhancing procedure, please be sure to contact our office to speak with any one of our highly trained team members or to schedule an appointment with Dr. Schwartz.
Contact Our Office
Contact our office for more information about how to treat gynecomastia. Dr. Jaime Schwartz, a board-certified plastic surgeon, will talk to you about your needs and help you achieve your aesthetic goals.